More Random Thoughts By Thomas Sowell
Nobody hits the nail on the head as consistently as Thomas Sowell. Here are a few examples from his recent Random Thoughts (here) column.
• “Too many people in Washington are full of themselves, among other things that they are full of.”
• “Two headlines in the August 10th New York Times speak volumes about Barack Obama. The top headline reads: “Iraq Strikes May Last Months, Obama Says.” A secondary headline reads: “No Ground Force Will Be Sent, He Repeats.” Time was when enemy spies had to risk their lives to acquire such information. Now all they have to do is read the headlines.”
• “One of the big differences between Democrats and Republicans is that we at least know what the Democrats stand for, whether we agree with it or not. But, for Republicans, we have to guess”
• “It is amazing how many people think they are doing blacks a favor by exempting them from standards that others are expected to meet.”
• “The smug and smirking contempt of IRS Commissioner John Koskinen, when he began testifying before a Congressional committee in the IRS scandal investigation, told us all we needed to know, even if we never get the information that was supposedly “lost” when Lois Lerner’s computer supposedly crashed.”
• “Despite TV pundits who say that public opinion polls show Barack Obama is in trouble, the president is not in the slightest trouble. He is doing whatever he feels like doing, regardless of the Constitution and regardless of how many people don’t like it, because he is virtually impeachment-proof. The country is in huge trouble and real danger because of his policies, but he is not.”
• “It is amazing how many otherwise sane people want Israel to become the first nation in history to respond to military attacks by restricting what they do, so that it is “proportionate” to the damage inflicted by the attacks.”
• “If politics were like sports, we could ask Israel to trade us Benjamin Netanyahu for Barack Obama. Of course, we would have to throw in trillions of dollars to get Israel to agree to the deal, but it would be money well spent.”
Thomas Sowell Interviewed by Brian Lamb about running for office, random thoughts columns, and writing.
Related Article – Random Thoughts by Thomas Sowell, at austrianaddict.com.
Related Article – More Random Thoughts by Thomas Sowell, at austrianaddict.com.
Related Article – Random Thoughts And Other Thought by Thomas Sowell, at austrianaddict.com.